I hate to admit it, but I was part of a piece of history. I have been able to be directly involved with the preparation and implementation of the new Face to Face program here in Afghanistan. It has been interesting seeing it go into effect and the atmosphere proved exciting during our first actual Face to Face day last week. There has not been a lot of reports on it, but I wanted to share with everyone this article from abcnews: http://www.abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=5862998
I am in charge of the intelligence operations involved with the Face to Face meetings. I don't have much to do yet, but I have made a lot of signs so that people know where the exits are and which waiting room is for the women and children, and which one is for the men. But once we have everything in place, we will be quite busy trying to figure out what everything means. I hope that is vague enough, because I don't want to get in trouble. Hush hush, you know.
Hope all is well, and I love you all!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Andy,
It's great that you are able to help the families out there. It must be nice to do something pleasant in a war zone. Be careful. We can't wait to have you home!
That is amazing. What a wonderful thing to be able to help with.
Post a Comment