Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eid al-Fitr

Oct. 1 was the second day of Eid al-Fitr here in Afghanistan. I was invited by several of our interpreters to come to their dinner celebration. It was quite fun. They had a couple of authentic dishes to eat, like rice and lamb shishkabobs, and plenty of Afghan music. It is interesting observing some of the cultural norms of the Afghans. The men dance... a lot! And it is a little too strange, if you know what I mean. The females don't usually dance in a more public setting like we were in. I didn't grab my camera from my Hut until near the end of the party.
Here are some pics with me and a couple of our interpreters. They are great people and I have enjoyed getting to know them. They have been doing an excellent job for us. I am not going to put any names, for security reasons.

No comments: